nothing special


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Perugia
January 14th 2012
Published: January 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ferris Wheel!Ferris Wheel!Ferris Wheel!

some reason titled the Carousel?
Today was prettttyyyy boring. We slept til 2pm because me and Carrie were out til after 4 at an "all night dance party" we were brought to by a friend who has been studying abroad here since last semester. It was literally the craziest thing I have expereinced yet while being here. Talk about strobe lights, extremely loud and intense Italian music. My ears are still ringing. Before going to that club we walked around to different bars and saw some fellow Umbra students. Wins the award for must fun night out here so far.

Today nothing seemed to be working for us in general. My cell phone I got for this trip charged over night and now simply just won't turn on at all. While trying to charge my computer, I noticed my converter/adapter would work for ONE minute then stay off for 5 minutes, no matter what outlet it was put into. The ATM didn't work for Carrie all day, our house has been freezing, we're constantly hungry and it was probably the coldest day we've had since being here. Excuse my complaints, but they are all true.

After finally getting ourselves together, we left the apartment around 4 to go explore and got some GREAT pictures of Perugia, the ferris wheel at the end of the main road, and some great scenery. Pics are added! We decided to spice up our lives around 8 and go to a Chinese restaurant that our professor and his wife raved about and were initially supposed to take us all to (but ended up ordering pizza instead). We were seated by a group of probably 12 maybe high school age Italian kids who were overly loud. Anyway, piece of advice, while in Italy never stray to such extreme ethnic foods like Chinese. A word Abby used to describe everything was "disgusting" and she was pretty much right. She got chicken in lemon sauce, and was given the sweetest and most sour chicken dish I have ever tasted. Almost unedible. I had chicken with pineapples which was really not that great and Carrie had rice with chicken and peppers that I thought was the best out of the 3. We left still unhappy and still hungry.

On a lighter note, tomorrow we are going to Assisi with the group of Bonaventure students, our professor and his wife, and some other random students from Umbra to see everything about St. Francis of Assisi. He is why the Fransiscan heritage started (or something like that) and that's the religion our whole university at home is based off of. I think we'll be kind of a big deal to every theology professor back at Bonaventure who spend their days teaching about St. Francis and St. Clare. I can say I got to see everything they're talking about!

Sorry this post was such a downer. Hopefully we will settle in more to get comfortable with being in a completely foreign country. Today it proved how frustrating the task really is!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb