I'm not lying when I say one meter...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Perugia
January 13th 2012
Published: January 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Meter LongMeter LongMeter Long

Carrie and Abby with this ridiculous thing
Second post! This is a pretty good way to pass the time when you don't want to think about when we're going out to dinner. Italians don't eat dinner until after 8. My roomates and I are constant snackers between meals. It's hard to wait so long in between! We had lunch at 12:30 today, which were delicious personal pizzas, that I really want to estimate were a foot wide! This morning we had a meeting at 11am for the trip to Asissi that the group from our university is taking on Sunday. Our plan was to wake up at 10:30, but that went down the tubes realllll fast when we woke up to our door bell buzzing at 8:50am!

My roommate Abby asked if I heard it, and we convinced ourselves it wasn't anything important since it was so early. We were wrong. Before we knew it, 3 loud Italian women came into our apartment, yelling '"Ciao?! Scusi?" Abby jumped out of bed, said we were home and ran back to tell me they were cleaing ladies that the school sent to assess the issue with mold we told them about just yesterday. We had no idea they would
Restaurant Where We WereRestaurant Where We WereRestaurant Where We Were

you should try it....
come so early in the morning! So, long story short, mold is gone off the walls. After the meeting and lunch, we took the MiniMetro to the CoOp 2 towns over for grocery shopping, an activity I love doing here. Fresh pesto is the best pesto!

So, to talk about the title of this blog, last night we went to a restaurant where we heard if you are Umbra students and order a meter long pizza, you get a free bottle of wine. There was absolutly no way we could pass that up. The 4 girls we heard about it from said they coudn't finish it. I mentally challenged them to an eat-off.

After finding the restaurant, which we passed 3 times and have actually been in before a few days ago, we sat down and were informed by the nice waitress who tried her hardest to speak English, that the 3 of us could no way finish a meter long pizza. We assured her she really didn't know us Americans that well....reluctantly she went back to the kitchen after taking our order. About 10 minutes later the pizza arrived! Everyone in the restaurant was staring. We snapped pictures like typical tourists, laughed over what we were really about to inhale, and went.to.town. It was seriously delicious. There were 6 pieces out of 21 left and Carrie and I were still going to keep eating! Abby persuaded us to save at least 5 for leftovers (ugh) so we did. But compromised to still get dessert 😊 which was something chocolatel-y and marshmallow-y that I couldn't even pronounce. Pictures will follow as soon as I figure out how to add them. Ciao!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb