R&R - possible even on a holiday with Toby!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Montone
August 23rd 2012
Published: September 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Harriet needed some sleep today, so Fiona and Toby left her in bed when they went into the village for bread. They checked out the local post office which is on the main piazza and has beautiful blue doors. The opening times looked like they would work for us to send parcels back home which helps with the huge amount of luggage we seem to have.

Back at the villa we spent most of the morning relaxing around the pool. We were ready for the rest and some time to catch up on reading and writing. Pretty soon it seemed like gelato time. Toby thought it would be a good idea to take Harriet to the village cafe for gelato and to post the parcel at the same time. Fiona thought walking up the hill again wasn't worth it and so she stayed at home. She was glad she did because disaster struck. There was no gelato!

We spent more time relaxing in the afternoon but Toby also managed to put together a dessert for dinner. He had bought the ingredients ages ago but hadn't got around to putting it together. Tonight was his last chance to impress the girls and he wanted something to make up for the earlier dessert disappointment.

We have been playing cards together most nights since we left Australia and we were getting a little bored with the same games. Tonight we learned a new one - cribbage. It was an old one for Fiona and Toby, but new for Harriet. Fiona and Toby hadn't played for years though so we had to check the rules on line. It was a bit like riding a bike and came back very quickly. Harriet enjoyed the change and seemed to get the gist of it pretty quickly. This looks like it may become a new favourite.

Toby's dessert worked out well. Pannacotta may become a new favourite too.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb