Our Tuscan Retreat at La Pieve Marsina


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
August 23rd 2016
Published: August 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Our Tuscan Retreat at La Pieve Marsina

As I am starting to type this article, laying with my computer on an antique pink quilt thrown on a wrought iron bed, a swallow flies into my bedroom at La Pieve Marsina, a Tuscan retreat in the middle of the Chianti hills.



She greets me cheerfully with a few, rapid wing beats before shooting out of the window, gliding briskly/swiftly over the endless rows of vines outside.

hotel Tuscan Retreat

Ambra La Pieve Marsina

I found this to be the perfect welcome to my Tuscan villa named “Le Rondini”, which in English means – you guessed it – “swallows”!



These beautiful birds belong a time that no longer exists. They used to crowd my barnyard when I was a kid, fringing our canopies with beautiful mud nests. Their flocks, coming and going to and from Africa, represented the passing of the seasons. No matter what the calendar said, it wasn’t really spring until they came.



Now that the pollution, the use of pesticides and colder springs made their life harder, swallows in the north of Italy are mostly gone.

pool Tuscan Retreat

Here in the middle of the rural Chianti, where the closest supermarket is 30 Km away, the time seems to have stopped. And the chirping of the swallows create the perfect soundtrack for our time at the La Pieve Marsina.



This Tuscan retreat, surrounded by rolling hills combed with Chianti vineyards, is the modern transformation of a rural tiny village composed by a few farmhouses surrounding a small parish church (“pieve” in Italian).

Tuscan Retreat

La Pieve Marsina2

Today that little chapel became the reception of this enchanting agritursimo, and right next to it is the beautiful apartment “Le Rondini”, where Alec and I had the best time cooking, relaxing and just being present while staring at the greenery around us.

Alec Tuscan Retreat

Ambra at swing

We spent our days walking up and down the hills, laying by the pool and playing with the lovely dachshund Pippa, who kept on running around with her ears flapping gleefully.

agriturismo La Pieve Marsina

La Pieve Marsina

If you are looking to detach from the modern world and avoid the temptation of going out, this place is the perfect gateway. A time machine that can bring you back to en era where our life wasn’t run by technology and you could enjoy the melodious singing of the swallows.





Address:



Loc. Argenina, 53013 Monti in Chianti, Gaiole in Chianti, SI, Italy



Phone:+39 349 882 3426

Website: http://www.pievemarsina.com/en/


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb