Day #2


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
August 6th 2014
Published: August 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Buona Sera! Day 2 ended up being a bit of a challenge... after the airline lost Gina's luggage and we attempted to adjust to the time change, all we wanted to do was sleep. Being the champions that we are, we did not 😉 Instead of spending the day in bed, we chose to be proactive and explore our surroundings. Breakfast at the hotel was amazing. The coffee and banana yogurt was literally the best of my life, AND the 3 piece equipment gym was all i ended up needing. We had no idea when Gina's luggage would actually arrive, so we decided to get the necessities from local shops. Around 11am Gina's bag magically appeared in the room and immediately we were ready to walk to/explore the city center. Historic Florence is absolutely amazing, but crowded beyond belief. We ended up booking several tours and got a good feel for the area, so we felt very accomplished at the end of the day. This evening our hotel recommended a local "steak house", and although they aren't called that here, its clear thats what they are. Their specialty is obvious, and if you order the meat anything other than rare, you will receive extremely odd looks. As every meal has been so far, the food and wine more than exceeded our expectations. We cannot wait for what our next day has to bring, Ciao e sacco di amore fino alla prossima volta!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb