Uffizi Gallery and Cooking Class


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
August 7th 2014
Published: August 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Just got back to our hotel for and afternoon pisolino. The past two days have been a blur of amazing food, art and adventures. Yesterday we went to the Uffizi gallery, an old palace that houses all the works of art commissioned by the Medici family. Leonardo da Vinci, Michelango, Bottecelli are just a few of the artists whose work can be seen in this beautiful museum. The lines for the main attractions in Florence are extremely long so that took the majority of the day. We had another amazing dinner at a restaurant called Peseus that is very close to the hotel and ended up back our favorite place, Trattoria da Tito, drinking arancello and limoncello for the rest of the night. We woke up early today to walk to the city center for our cooking class. There we met a local chef named Antonio and he took Gina and I, along with two other girls from England, to a local market to taste different aged balsamic vinegars/truffles/oil and buy the ingredients needed for our meal. I can't even properly describe the market, but it was absolutely amazing. Its a foodies dream... aged meats, cheeses, vegetables, pastries, gelato, pizza the list is really endless. After shopping we went back to an adorable kitchen and started cooking what turned out to be an unbelievable meal. We made tomato and pate bruschetta, ragu bolognese with handmade pasta and tiramisu while Antonio described italian cooking techniques and principles. Liver pate is officially a new favorite of mine, although it is extremely right and hard to each very much. Ragu bolognese is so delicious and I plan on making it with the same homemade pasta when I get home 😊 Gina and I have enjoyed every minute of the trip so far and are looking forward to fitting in as much as possible into our last two days in Florence. Ciao!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



8th August 2014

SOO FUN
This looks great, Cifelli! Keep the blog entries coming!

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1104s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb