fille de champignon


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
May 11th 2005
Published: May 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Another journal entry from Tuscany...
This will be our first full week of excavation at the roman villa site at Ossaia. There isn't a lot happening but we're finding lots of broken pottery and tiles. Most people would be shocked that we are throwing out some pieces of pottery (yes, two thousand years old!) but when you're in the potshed scrubbing pottery sherds the size of your thumbnail it gets frustrating (pieces that size don't tell a lot anyways).
Last friday, we went to Orvieto which is the home of some decent white wine (I'm sure you can find a $10 bottle of it at your local liquor store). I didn't booze it up but became fascinated with all the jars of truffle sauce many local delis were selling.... hence the nickname fille de champignon.
Saturday and sunday were spent in Florence. I'd been there before but we got a little hotel room in an apartment building a block away from the duomo. One of my friends Janice hadn't been to Florence before so we showed her the typical sights: Piazza della Signoria; Ponte Vecchio; Duomo, etc.
I will admit this entry is also a bit dry... so here's a random observation for you to end this entry. Italy also has a name day like Hungary. If you were properly named, your name should correspond to a saint which has a particular day of the year. On that day, you have an excuse to party with your friends. If its like Hungary, you only celebrate your birthday with close friends and family (so don't go to Hungary, like I did, on your birthday as nobody will be excited for you).


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

FirenzeFirenze
Firenze

Piazza della Signorina
Ponte VecchioPonte Vecchio
Ponte Vecchio

locks, locks and more locks


Tot: 0.536s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 24; qc: 98; dbt: 0.248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb