Italian language school


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Siena
May 13th 2005
Published: May 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Margo and I are spending time on our personal pursuits for a good portion of our days here, since she has her research and I am (sort of) learning Italian. I'm attending the Scuola Leonardo da Vinci, ScuolaLeonardo and am enjoying it a lot. The classes are well-paced, and our teacher, Julia, very simpatica. We are a mixed group of different ages, professions and personalities, and now that we know each other a little, it's quite fun. Attending a course of some kind when you are travelling is a great way to connect with a place a little more than you would otherwise. The school organizes other activities, at reasonable cost, that we can be part of, like last night's dinner (buona!!!), and this Sunday's trip to the Chianti region, and, lots of free internet time, too.
I have a new appreciation for the energy it takes to teach a beginner-level language class, and I've been reminded how it feels to be called on and have my mind go blank because of stress, tiredness, or whatever. (reminder to teacher-self: remember this experience!!)
A note about living in convent guesthouses. A great idea for those who like a quiet place to sleep. At our age, a curfew is a non-issue, and the place is really restful. For young people, it might get a bit tiresome to have to be home by 11 or so, but otherwise it's very pleasant and quite reasonable in cost, more than a hostel, but less than most B & B's. The rooms are simply furnished (single beds), but usually ensuite bathrooms are available, and if you don't mind keeping it simple, it's an economical way to travel.
Ciao for now, it's time for gelato.....
Nonna Leslie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 5; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb