Day 31 - Torino - Colle di Val D'Elsa


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Siena
August 19th 2013
Published: August 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We were one of the last Sharks to leave, everyone has gone off to continue their adventures. We headed off towards Rome with the intent to get as close as we could before stopping. We followed the freeway most of the way, but it was pretty countryside, some of which we had seen on the way up. Decided to stop for lunch at Carrera, home of the marble mountains. Couldn't find anything open except a supermarket so bought some rolls and salad and then drove up into the marble mountains looking for somewhere to stop. The mountains were amazing. You can understand why marble is so expensive when you see where and how they get it!

Drove on and stayed in a little B and B just out of Siena. It was very quiet, everything closed for the holidays. Reception booked a table for us at restaurant called Peter Pan and gave us directions. We found it and had a lovely meal, it was packed. The old men were all playing bocci and the ladies were all sitting around chatting. It is lovely how everywhere we have been in Italy is so community focused. A very pleasant evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.2099s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb