Day 32 - Colle di Val D'Elsa - Manziana - Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
August 19th 2013
Published: August 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Headed off reasonably early as we wanted to be in Manziana for lunch. Arrived abut 12.30 at Raechel's host family's house. As we had to wait for Maria to finish work Raechel took us into Bracciano to show us around. She showed us her school, the lake and the castle, the best preserved medieval castle in Italy and where Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes were married.

Back at the Gonelli's Maria cooked an amazing lunch in honour of Dad's birthday. We had proscuitto, melon and mozzarella, the pasta with beans, then chicken with peppers, melon gelati, fruit, cake, champagne and limoncello and crema. Yummmmm! We didn't finish lunch until after 4!

After saying goodbye to Elena we followed Italo into Rome. We drove down the perspective street (where the dome of St Peters get larger and smaller and went up to Giancolo where we had a fabulous view of Rome. They then took us to their apartment where we will stay the next two nights. We caught the tram into Piazza Venezia and we walked all around the Forum and the Colosseum. It really is amazing how old these structures are and how they are in the middle of a large city.

We had some pizza and Arancia balls for dinner before farewelling Italo and Maria and catching the team back to the apartment.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0875s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb