October 1 Our Last Day in Tuscany


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » San Gimignano
October 2nd 2010
Published: October 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

It was a perfect day in Tuscany…all though I’m not sure I thought it would be at the beginning. We awoke to clouds and eventually rain…the kind of steady, soaking rain that a person knows we sometimes need, but not on your vacation. We asked for a recommendation of something to do that was not too far away and the ladies at the front desk suggested a village pretty close that had a castle. So, off we go with Dennis at the helm and “Bella” navigating the way. We found the town, but the castle was closed and apparently so was tourism for this year. We tried to get some help from a very unpleasant little man, to no avail, and then left. It was pouring rain anyway, so it was not very much fun. We got in the car and began looking for other possibilities. We decided to stop at a road side stand, bought a sandwich to share, came back to Hotel Pescille, opened a bottle of wine, and have a picnic on our balcony. After that we spent the afternoon resting, reading, and just relaxing…a perfect ending to a perfect week in Tuscany.

We had another wonderful meal for dinner and now we are ready to return to Florence for a few days. We have decided that although it hasn’t been perfect, we would not have changed a thing!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb