at the top of the tallest tower


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » San Gimignano
March 4th 2006
Published: March 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

ok and then on sunday we got on the bus and stopped off in san gimignano for a few hours on the way back to rome. there really isn't much going on in this town except for good wine, good olive oil, and torture museums. it's a medieval city and has greeeat buildings. it's also known for it's towers. at one time this little place had something like 72 towers in it. there are only 14 left, and we climbed to the top of the tallest one. it was an overcast day, but we still had a breathtaking view of the surrounding tuscan hills.
i've decided that when i'm rich, i'll have a country house here. i picked it out and everything. and i'll get my exercise by climbing up the jilions of steps to the top of this tower everyday to see the view. and i'll sit around and do nothing. because that is exactly what there is to do in san gimignano.

totally worth going. SO glad i did. i got some wine that was pretty good. i spent 5 euro on a bottle which is twice as much as i would normally spend. so i really splurged for the good stuff. i also got a refrigerator magnet - i'm slowly collecting things to add to our kitchen to make it homey. i have the san gimignano magnet, a pace e bene tile from assisi, and now a red wooden ski that i just found while i was walking today.

but that has nothing to do with anything.
hope you enjoy the tuscany pictures!


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

hm. hm.
hm.

we've been in the city less than five minutes and found a torture museum.
and a knife store.and a knife store.
and a knife store.

next store to the torture museum. classic/scary.
inside a placeinside a place
inside a place

vague, i know.
tuscanytuscany
tuscany

get ready for the next series of pictures. if you are ever anywhere near here.. climb the freaking tallest tower. it's worth it!


Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb