Pisa on the Way


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Pisa
June 18th 2006
Published: June 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

OK so we weren't planning on going to Pisa unless we had the spare time. Wasn't high on our priorities but it was another case of "you can,t get there from here" thing. We HAD to go to Pisa to get to Florence from Genoa and change trains there so we decided to stay and see the tower. After all we were right there!! Yes it does lean quite a bit. The most fun part was watching every other tourist taking the same exact picture. Sideways to look like they're holding up the towere and keeping it from falling. I was much more impressed with the Duomo (cathedral )right next to it but didn't go into it. I don't want to overdose Eva on churches and beside Pisa is a HUGE tourist town...They charge you big time for everything...so I looked at it from the outside.
It's hot hot hot. We keep looking in store windows for light weight tops!! So the best thing about Pisa was that it was our first taste of Italian gelato...ice cream. OH MY GOD!!! It's so good. I almost forgot that I hadn't had a Pepsi in 3 days. And then I found a vendor right next to the train station that HAD PEPSI!!! I think we're finally getting this train thing down...would be slightly easier if we didn't keep changing countries and languages. But now we know which trains we need reservations for and which we can just hop on and how to read the ticket to know what coche (car) to get into and where in the line it will be...that's big!!
On to one of the highlights..........Florence
Big YEA!!! for Gary...you've figured out how to leave a comment...keep them coming...give Trooper a kiss for me and keep Raz close.......loveya

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb