Watch out Tuscany, here we come...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Pisa
September 13th 2008
Published: September 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

the straight tower of Pisathe straight tower of Pisathe straight tower of Pisa

who said its leaning ?
Now that we have arrived and had some time to recover, its time to venture out into the countryside. First stop, Pisa and the first of many landmarks we will no doubt experience as we journey across this amazing land. We jagged a free car park along the road into town, and enjoyed a 1 km stroll thru the burbs to the centre of town. We turned the corner, literally, and there they were, the Leaning Tower, the Cathedral, & the Battistero, in all their white marble splendour against the blue summer skyline. We took in a couple of tours and decided that the queues for the rest were way toooo long, some at 2 hours, so we just wandered around the area and enjoyed the majesty of the architecture from the outside.

Next stop, Lucca. It was only about an hours drive from Pisa to the centre of Lucca, which is a medieval town surrounded by 4 km of walls and fortifications. It was such a glorious day we decided to walk around all the walls circling the town, enjoying the tranquility of the quaint old village, away from the hustle & bustle of the outside world, before the two and a half hour trip back to our retreat Casa Isabel.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb