Sunday 30th in Pisa


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Pisa
September 30th 2018
Published: September 30th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Early morning train to Pisa, the “locale” which stops at 7 stations before Empoli and 9 stations to Pisa, with two minutes to change trains! We were movin’ fast and happy to make the trip in just under 90 minutes. Checked into our hotel, Royal Victoria, and contacted our son-in-law, Matteo, to meet up and have lunch with his sister, Magdelena, and his parents, Sergio and Laura, as well as our granddaughter Maya. They generously invited us to the beach where we had a great lunch of various seafood dishes, along with a local white wine by Grifon. Afterwards we checked out the beach and Maya and Matteo took a swim … or at least tested the waters of the Ligurian Sea.

Back in Pisa with Matteo and Maya, we stopped for what everyone claims is the best gelato outlet in all of Tuscany: Gelateria De' Coltelli. Located on the Arno near the main bridge it is definitely worth a visit. Said goodbye to Matteo and Maya and took a little rest before going out for passeggiata along the main thoroughfare. Lots of students and locals in the old part of town, which made the outing fun. Tomorrow Firenze.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb