walk, eat, siesta, walk some more, eat some more


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
August 3rd 2006
Published: August 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

sunset in Florencesunset in Florencesunset in Florence

an absolutely beautiful scene to see upon arriving!
so this has become our general plan for the day since we have been in Italy. Of course, some gelato and espresso breaks are thrown in there, and we usually end the day with some wine.
We arrived in Florence on Tuesday evening, quickly found our hotel, and after haggling with the receptionist (for some reason she wanted to charge us more for air conditioning) we got checked in and headed out in search of dinner. As we were wandering around looking for something to eat, we were flagged down by some of our classmates from France who were in line for the Academia. It worked out perfectly that they were right at the front of the line AND that the academia is free on tuesday nights. life doesnt get any better! due to our grumbling tummies we didnt spend a whole lot of time there but we were able to see the David (which Patrick thinks strikes an amazing resemblense to himself) and some other amazing peices of sculpture.
The next couple days was mostly taken up by wandering, window shopping, and eating. Over the next couple of days we also ran into 2 other people who we had taken
candlescandlescandles

Charlie, i lit one of these for you at the cathedral... dont be surprised if you wake up tomorrow and can all of a sudden start running. i am predicting a miracle!
classes with. We have been extremely lucky with great weather since we got here, and are crossing our fingers that is stays this way for the rest of our time in Italy.

Now we are off to Umbria!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

the biggest rat i've ever seenthe biggest rat i've ever seen
the biggest rat i've ever seen

really i didnt even know they came this big... ewwww, and we thought the one in our B street house was bad, this one doesnt even compare to Darla!
raspberry tartsraspberry tarts
raspberry tarts

raspberry tarts and cappaccinos are a delicious way to start your day, especially when the breakfast the hotel provided include burnt coffee and stale bread.


5th August 2006

Hey Patrick and Robin: You guys need to stop taking life so seriously and stop to smell the roses and coffee and freshly baked bread...Guess we are a little jealous. Enjoy! If you can swing on down to Argentina on your way home, the wine and coffee is good here too! Safe Travel from GM, Elizabeth, Hank, Cal, O and Georgie
18th August 2006

Alright you two- now you've had plenty of time to rest. Let's see some more pictures! I mean, the last update was two weeks ago! I know you have more to show. It's the least you can do for those of us who were forced to view all of this from an office computer while you were traipsing around the Mediterranean drinking wine all summer!

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb