Big red Bus


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
September 24th 2011
Published: September 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After another later than normal evening it was the day to take the big red tour bus around the city. For 15 euro you can get a pass for 24 hours and tour the city getting on and off as many times as you like. First stop Michelanglo Hill to see the city from the southern end. We got great views of the river, Ponte Vecchio and all the Duomos and there is a lot. The first thing we saw was a Japanese wedding pull up (bride and groom) in a red Ferrari and the rest of the wedding party in a number of Mercedes. There must have been about 150 family and wedding party followed closely by camera men and photographers. It must have cost and arm and a leg to rent space on that hill. After watching about tour buses come and go we where off to Fiosole which is on the other end of the city on the north end and has an even better view of the city. Had lunch at authoro a restaurant looking over the city. Decent lunch but poor service. Lissa found a museum across the courtyard which the ruins of an old amphitheater and spa. At about 4 it was time to get back. One last stop at the end of line at Santa Croce church where Michelanglo and galileo are buried. As we walked back in the piazza we came across 2 large wagons carrying 1000's of bottles of Ruffino Chianti (1.5 litre) for 8 euro. DOCG what a steal. All I needed was a candle to stick in it after we finished it.
This was the night we had reservations at frescobaldi's for dinner. Wine service was below average for Michlin awarded restaurant but the food was great. Probaly has a lot to do with the fact that maybe we look slot like tourists even though we spent enough. A late night now was coming to an end but didn't stop us for one more glass of wine at the wine bar next door to our hotel.
The wine at Frescobaldi's was a Pinot Grigio from the area and a red from Frescobaldis cellar CastelGiocondo it's Brunello montepelcino.
Wine count count is now at 9
Caio for today

Advertisement



Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb