Photos!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
April 1st 2005
Published: April 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

florence is really nice. the city and the surrounding tuscan countryside. it's just so quaint and beautiful! went to san gimignano this morning for a day trip. it's a medieval hill town. really pretty! brick buildings and towers. it used to be a fortified town in the past, hence the towers. wasn't exactly what i had imagined a hill town to be, was kinda touristy. but all in all it was quite worth the visit.

came back to florence in the afternoon and went to visit the duomo. the church for those who dont know. the dome in the church was painted by micheangelo and it depicted the final judgement. then climbed up to the top of the dome. stairs mind u. 463 of them. no joke. thighs were hurting once i got up there. but the view. woah. was breathtaking! the dome is the highest building in the whole of florence. so naturally u had an uninterrupted bird's eye view of the entire city. 360 degrees. glorious weather and a fantastic view, what can beat that! u should check out the photos.

speaking of which, i've actually managed to upload a couple of photos on to the web. not here though. it's on the ofoto website. so guess those who have not received the invitation would have to wait till i get back to see them!

ok. the queue for the internet terminal's getting pretty long. i have to log off now. everyone's starring at me. well. not that im the only one using the comp though. ok lar. ciao!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.03s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0139s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb