Fantastic 7 Days!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
March 31st 2005
Published: March 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

it's already been 7 days on this trip. too fast! felt like i left singapore only a couple of days ago. italy's cities/towns all have their own individual characteristic and personality, which is good, 'cos it doesn't bore me out! have so far made our way up north from Rome to Venice, then westwards from Venice to Florence, which is where i am now. Florence is beautiful to say the least i tell u. it's a good blend of old architecture and modern boutiques and cafes. medieval yet modern. think abt it. too bad i can't post pictures now. i will soon though. in the next 1-2 days. oh just a side note. it's been only 7 days and i've taken close to 300 photos alr. that's an avg of 40 photos a day. ha!

ok. don't really have much time to blog now. breakfast is calling. yes it's 735am in the morning on Friday and i woke up especially early so i can get this on the net. the computers are always occupied in the evenings. anyway, just a brief update on where i've been this past few days.

day 1: Rome. Roman forum, Roman ruins, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Mouth of Truth, Good Friday procession outside the Colosseum.

day 2: Vatican, Rome. St. Peter's Square, St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican Museum and Castel St. Angelo.

day 3: Rome. i can't remember. my notebook is stowed away in my cupboard in the dorm and it's really far away. will update next time. =)\

day 4: Rome. Colosseum and Palatine Hills. Night train to Venice.

day 5: Venice. Rialto, Murabo, Burabo.

day 6: Venice. St. Mark's Square and St Mark's Basilica. Evening train to Florence.

day 7: Florence. Day trip to Siena. 40euros, thats S$90!, worth of dinner. IMAGINE! this was what i had. Ham, cured meats, green salad, bruchettas and bread with liver spread for appetizers. Pasta with wild boar in tomato sauce for the first course. and 4 selections of meat - Florentine Steak, Pork, Rabbit and Veal for the second course. Scones, Strawberry with Mousse, Chocolate Gelato and Custard with caramel for desert. And I had free flow red wine, coffee and desert wine to go with the meal. ate like a king!! was so full after dinner i felt like puking, not from all the wine but the food! felt it coming out of my throat. it was really enjoyable at first but torturous towards the end!

day 8: Florence. surprisingly im hungry and im gonna have my breakfast. ciao! 😊



Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb