Ferragamo’s pad in Tuscany


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
September 21st 2008
Published: November 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Scott and I attended Paige and Victor’s (Scott’s friends from NYC) wedding in Tuscany, and decided to spend a few days looking around Florence before arriving at the venue. We arrived tired and weary into Pisa to find the next bus to Florence was in 90mins time, i.e. midnight! So we reached into our pockets and forked out 150euro for a taxi to Florence, ouch. Our hotel was lovely, high ceilings and frescos on the walls. We spend the first day wandering around the city, it is beautiful; the Duomo, cobbled streets, bustling markets, fashion shops, Ponte Vecchio and of course lots of Piazza’s. We had a wonderful lunch in a very local place; yummy wine, cheese, pasta. That afternoon we went on a long walk in the hills on the non-tourist side of the town. There were huge villas and spectacular views back down to Florence… very romantic. Early evening we had a few glasses of red wine as the people of Florence went home. That evening we went to a wonderful seafood restaurant, followed by cocktails at a very cool DJ bar. The following day we spent wondering around the city again. After buying a lovely leather bag for work we had lunch with a grand view of the tower that was in the Hannibal movies.

That afternoon we travelled to the village where the wedding would be held, yes Paige and Victor had hired an entire village. Not just any village, it was owned by the Salvatore Ferragamo, the famous shoe designer that then evolved to the luxury good empire. The hill top village was like something out of a fairy tale, and we had the entire 2nd floor of one of the flats to ourselves. That evening there was a wine tasting and we got an opportunity to meet all the other guests and family - they were good fun. The following day it was drizzling so we played some cards before the BBQ dinner dress rehearsal - lots of tasty food and stunning wine. That evening we also got a tour of the main villa where the bride and groom stayed, it was divine, pure luxury. Every room was designed with the view in mind. That evening we played pool till the wee small hours. The next morning the clouds cleared and it was a lovely day. Paige looked stunning and Victor overwhelmed, the ceremony was lovely. After photos they joined everyone for champagne and then dinner at long white tables under the night sky. However, it was freezing! But once again, the wedding planner had thought of everything and handed out shawls. The wine flowed and the dancing started around the indoor pool and out on the terrace, it was a very fun evening… but we both paid the price feeling pretty average on the way back to London the following day.

Photos


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb