PHOTOS- first week in firenze


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
September 11th 2008
Published: September 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

heres some photos from my first week in florence! hope you all enjoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

hotel viallani hallwayhotel viallani hallway
hotel viallani hallway

this is the hallway in the hotel we stayed at for the first couple nights until we got settled into our flat.
view from the hotelview from the hotel
view from the hotel

that big dome is the the top of The Duomo.. the most respected church.. and largest anything.. in florence! it was built in like 1260, which is insane. and da vinci actually made that giant gold ball at the very top of it. crazzyy,
first dinner in florencefirst dinner in florence
first dinner in florence

first night in florence! our director, nicholas, took us all out for a beautiful dinner at a restaurant on the arno. this is my study abroad group!
walking around florencewalking around florence
walking around florence

we just made it over to one of the giant, most awesome, marcatos in florence.. super cheap and everything is so fresh!! thats my friend kat & greg beside me.
entrance to the hotelentrance to the hotel
entrance to the hotel

umm.. yep. thats the elevator. haha. seriously u cant fit more than 3 people in any elevator in florence! not to mention u can barely fit in them.
first night out!first night out!
first night out!

study abroad group! this was our first night out! i know i know.. we manage to find the super american, touristy bar (as you can see with the giant dollar hanging in the back). we went on a pub crawl around florence that night.. first experience getting to know the town!
the arnothe arno
the arno

this is the river that divides the city. ive come to enjoy just sittin on the edge of the bridge and relaxing. not to mention the giant river rats are pretty impressive. ha.
the streetsthe streets
the streets

this is what most of the streets here look like.. incredibly classic and historic.. florence has seriously done some work to protect its history and its pride.
sidewalk chalksidewalk chalk
sidewalk chalk

over by santa croce, these artists come out with some sidewalk chalk and sit there all day making this incredible creations on the ground.. its pretty sick.
3 wheeled car!3 wheeled car!
3 wheeled car!

italy has apparently made playschool cars fully functional. impressive. ha.
vino and paninivino and panini
vino and panini

i love little stores like this around town.
terrace viewterrace view
terrace view

this is the view from the terrace off my apartment. were actually pretty damn lucky to be this high.. most flats here are lucky to have a view of anything but more buildings!
old schoolold school
old school

taking it back to medieval florence and its towers. crazy that these things are still standing.
old florenceold florence
old florence

this is a map of the setup of florence around Dante's time. the picture of the tower before this is one of the remaining towers u can see on the map.
trippetrippe
trippe

yep.. the 4th stomach of a cow, boiled (held up by this guy here) is slapped on a panino with some lettuce and served out of a cart equivalent to a hot dog vendor in manhattan. EW.
perque no!perque no!
perque no!

why not! haha. this place is one of my 3 favorite gelato places around town!
sidewalk mini marcato.sidewalk mini marcato.
sidewalk mini marcato.

a little mini marcato outside of a store. its amazing the amount of dedication to presentation and freshness they put into their food.
firenzefirenze
firenze

walking around town.
attractive facesattractive faces
attractive faces

jess and i love to make beautiful faces.


3rd October 2008

What's Next
Need more. you promised some new pictures.
6th October 2008

hey mister impatient!!! haha theres plenty of pictures up right now for you to look at! love youuuu :)

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb