Statue of David


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
July 4th 2008
Published: July 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left Perugia one day early so we can stay the night in Florence. We made reservations to see the Gallery of Academia which houses the statue of David amongst other works of art from Michaelangelo. It really helped to have reservations because sometimes the wait is very long. It is hard to believe that some of these works of art date back to the time of Columbus. We were visiting the gallery when we turned the corner and far away down the corridor, there stood David. Like before, it is truly amazing to see this in person. They were very strict about not taking pictures. I made it a point to be the last one that laid eyes on David. So the challenge would be which Calderon, Gonzalez or Salmon would be the next to see him!

We paid $100 for lunch at a little cafe (tortilini, canneloni, two pizza and drinks). The cost of cokes is killing Bob. Bob has to mentally convert every euro to how many dollars he is spending (constantly).

We turned in the rental car which is a huge relief for Bob. But it truly was worthwhile to have the car. We are now dragging our luggage around for the last two cities, Venice and Rome. Our luggage has grown considerably since we have been buying souveniers.

Tomorrow, Saturday we are off to Venice for a couple of days!
Happy fourth to all of you!

Advertisement



7th July 2008

Birthday Greeting
Birthday Greeting for the Italian Bertha. This is a birthday you will always remember with Bob, RJ and your special sister-in-law. Love to hear your journeys. Be safe. Chris
7th July 2008

Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday Bertha!!! Chris told me it was your bday! Hope you had fun! What a great place to be!

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb