Livorno and Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
May 27th 2008
Published: June 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The City of Red Tile RoofsThe City of Red Tile RoofsThe City of Red Tile Roofs

Our first stop on the tour is on a hill overlooking the city of Florence.
Livorno is is the gateway to glorious Tuscany

Linda G. and I were the only ones of the 12 to take "The Best of Florence" tour. The others were going to Tuscany for Chianti tasting and lunch. We had a 1 1/2 hour bus ride into the city of Florence (Florenzia). The countryside was marvelous. We walked and walked around Florence, ate lunch then walked some more. We had time to shop at a great leather store. Too bad Arizona is too warm for the wonderful leather jackets they had. Good prices too!!

Michalangelo's David is the highlight of the trip but I was not able to take any photos of it. They want everyone to come to Florence and view it for themselves. The bronze on the hill will have to do.

Linda and I both took naps on the way back to the port. We all met in Tom and Linda's again for pre-dinner cocktails and tales of the day. Then it was off to a wonderful dinner once again. I have included photos of our wait staff. They are from all over the world and do a fantastic job.

After dinner, some of us
A Bronze of DavidA Bronze of DavidA Bronze of David

The statue of David is a trademark of Florence. This one is on the hill. Not able to photograph the real one so this will have to do.
went to a Production Show "Cinematastic" (A tribute to the Silver Screen.) starring the Grand Princess Singers and Dancers. Then it was off to the rooms for an early day tomorrow when we land in Cannes, France.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Linda Linda
Linda

Posing in front of one of many statues of Florence.
Lunch LocationLunch Location
Lunch Location

We had an excellent lunch at this hotel. Pasta, scallopini, and, of course, red wine!!
Buildings of FlorenziaBuildings of Florenzia
Buildings of Florenzia

So many wonderful buildings, churches & monuments.
Wonderful ChurchesWonderful Churches
Wonderful Churches

Many wonderful churches.
NicolettaNicoletta
Nicoletta

One of the head waiters from Romania. She was most charming and helpful.
Head WaiterHead Waiter
Head Waiter

Can't remember his name. Maybe someone will tell me.
TigerTiger
Tiger

Junior waiter who had many tricks up his sleeves every night.


11th June 2008

Is Marty there?
In the picture of Nicoletta, that woman looks just like Marty! I'm glad you are having a great time and seeing all the wonderful sights. Can't wait to hear all about it over margaritas.
11th June 2008

NO, that is Kathy. She does look a little like Marty. I never thought of that. I am home and trying to recover from a cold and jet lag. I'm writing in the blog as I can. See you soon, Susie
17th June 2008

Lovely
I see why Rick and Terri love to travel to Tuscany. If I ever get on a plane again, that will be the region I head for, too.... Thanks for taking the time and writing effort to bring these places to life.

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb