Fiorentina Bleeds Purple Too


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
February 18th 2008
Published: February 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Italian FansItalian FansItalian Fans

Everyone was wearing black with purple scarves! Who knew?!?
After a quite Sunday morning in Florence, headed out with some friends to watch a much needed sporting event. I have been kind of jealous that people back home have been watching Michael Beasley and the amazing K-State basketball team, it was fun to watch live sports instead of reading stats for a change. The stadium is just on the outside of the city of Florence, about a 25 minute walk from our apartment. You could definitely could tell as we got closer to the stadium, with Italians and their purple scarves. We had bought jerseys in the market on Saturday to try to blend in, I don't think we fooled anyone but they were happy we were wearing purple. We had pretty good seats, right along the field about 4 rows up. The section to our right looked like fun to, the behavior would probably rival the student section at big games. If only I could understand Italian, I am sure some of the men behind us had some great comments for the referees.

I have to say that all the Italian soccer players are very attractive and very "fit" as Emily might describe them. I was wearing #10,
A New SightA New SightA New Sight

The line to the Men's Room on the left and (surprise) no line for the Women's
for Adrian Mutu, a Fiorentina favorite. He scored one of the two goals that lead to a win over Catania. During half time, I witnessed something you would never see in the United States. The line for the mens bathroom lead all the way up the stairs and around the corner, while the women walked right in without waiting. Weird. I guess there was just way more men than women at the game but it was so different to see!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The GirlsThe Girls
The Girls

Alex, Meredith, Erica and Sam before the game
The PlayersThe Players
The Players

Talented and Attractive. Nice.
Diehard Fans :)Diehard Fans :)
Diehard Fans :)

Emily, Kate, Mallory Erin, and Erica
We Won!We Won!
We Won!

Meredith, Cassie, Alex, Sam, and Erica


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb