Beautiful, HOT Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
October 4th 2007
Published: October 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Florence, Italy


I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HOT IN MY LIFE! (and we live in Arizona)

Despite it all, Florence was one of the most beautiful, welcoming cities we visited. Shopping, Shopping, Shopping galore. In fact, I think Eric mentioned multiple times, "Havent we already seen all this stuff," I love those open air markets but yes, they tend to have alot of the same stuff. This is where Eric discovered Spagetti Carbonara! A delicious pasta dish of cheese, eggs, cream and pancetta (italian bacon)...I cannot think another dish that has all of his favorite ingredients all in one place.

Florence was a city of rich history, full of beautiful statues and cobblestone streets. At this point on our trip we were really trying to conserve money so we decided that we would walk from the train station to our hotel....I am not sure if I would do that again. We rolled and carried our bags through the cobblestone streets for at least an hour. I guess the hotel was further than we thought. Thank goodness our room had air conditioning (which was a first thus far). Hotel River was a beautiful, boutique hotel that we found while in Gravedona on a discount hotel website. It was newly renovated and to tell you the truth I kind of feel like we stole our room for the price that we were able to find.

We will see Florence again before our lives are over. We both loved the people and the atmosphere and definately did not get to see everything we wanted to. But Capri was waiting and we were so excited to get to our island paradise and relax for a few days.




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb