10 amazing sights to visit in Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
April 16th 2022
Published: April 16th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Florence is one of the most stunning cities in the world, rich in history and art. If you are planning a trip there, you will undoubtedly have a lot of questions about what to see and do. In this blog post, I will provide an overview of 10 of the most popular tourist attractions in Florence. Whether you are interested in art, history, or just want to see some amazing sights, Florence has something for everyone!

01. Florence cathedral




The Florence Cathedral, also known as the Duomo, is one of the most iconic and popular tourist attractions in Florence. This beautiful cathedral is a must-see for anyone visiting the city. It is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, and its dome is the largest masonry dome in the world. The interior of the cathedral is also stunning and best of all it's free to visit. You will need a ticket to climb on top of the dome though.

02. Palazzo Vecchio




Palazzo Vecchio is another must-see attraction in Florence. This palace served as the city's Town Hall for centuries, and it is now a popular tourist destination due to its beautiful architecture and historical significance. One of the highlights of a visit to Palazzo Vecchio is the impressive courtyard.

03. Ponte Vecchio




The Ponte Vecchio is one of the most iconic sights in Florence, and it is definitely worth a visit. This picturesque bridge is built over the Arno River, and it is lined with shops on either side. It is definitely worth taking a stroll across the bridge to take in the sights.

04. Uffizi Gallery




If you are interested in art, then a visit to the Uffizi Gallery is a must. This world-renowned gallery houses some of the most famous paintings in the world, including works by Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Raphael. A visit to the Uffizi Gallery is an unforgettable experience, and it is definitely worth adding to your itinerary.

05. Boboli Gardens




The Boboli Gardens are another popular tourist destination in Florence. These beautiful gardens are located behind the Palazzo Pitti, and they offer stunning views of the city. You can spend a few hours just walking around and relaxing here.

06. Palazzo Pitti




Palazzo Pitti is another popular tourist destination. Once the residence of the powerful Medici family that ruled over Florence, it is now a museum and it houses a number of important works of art. The palace is also surrounded by beautiful gardens (Boboli) through which you can stroll through. A visit to Palazzo Pitti is definitely worth adding to your itinerary.

07. Galleria dell’Accademia




The Galleria dell’Accademia is another world-renowned art museum in Florence, and it is definitely worth a visit. The museum is home to a number of famous sculptures, including Michelangelo's famous David. A visit to the Galleria dell’Accademia is unmistakably an unforgettable experience.

08. Michelangelo Square




Michelangelo Square is a popular tourist destination in Florence, and it is named after the famous sculptor Michelangelo. The square is located at the top of a hill from which you can see a beautiful panorama of the city. For this reason, it is also known as one of the best Instagrammable spots in Florence.

09. Basilica of Santa Croce



This beautiful Franciscan basilica is dedicated to the Holy Cross, and it is home to a number of important works of art. The basilica is also famous for its impressive frescoes, and it is definitely worth a visit. Michelangelo and other famous Italians are buried here.

10. Giotto's Bell Tower



Giotto's Bell Tower is one of the most iconic sights in Florence, and it is definitely worth a visit. This beautiful tower is located next to the Florence Cathedral, and it offers stunning views of the city. The tower is also home to a number of bells, which ring out throughout the city. A visit to Giotto's Bell Tower is an unforgettable experience, and it is definitely worth adding to your itinerary.

Florence is a city that has something for everyone, and there are a number of amazing sights to see. These are just a few of the many attractions that the city has to offer, and I hope you have the opportunity to visit them all. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this blog post.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb