Firenze


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
October 19th 2019
Published: October 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Fabulous Florence...we return! It has been a little while since our last visit. Not alot has changed in this grand old city. Home of the Masters of Art! There is a new tram system since we were here last. Much like Nice but on a very small scale compared.

Much of a sleep in after Yesterdays' effort...I'm sure we snored the whole five floor apartment awake!! We stocked up our food cupboard yesterday evening, after our arrival, at the Esselunga Supermache which we found not far down the road with the guidance of a local senior citizen who was returning with her Esselunga shopping bag.....you know you are close when you see people carrying supermarket bags. They love to chat...she had to put her bags down so she could chat with her hands.....no hands no chat!

And so the plan for today as usual after a big day of travelling, was easy strolling & catch the sights of the obvious tourist spots: No Uffizzi Gallery for us as we have been previous.
Lorenzo's Market with it's outdoor displays of colourful scarves, belts, bags, jackets & also the indoor market of fresh & dried produce.
Duomo in all it's marble glory built between 1296-1436 & today remains the largest brick dome ever constructed.
Then into the Piazza della Signoria with it's outdoor sculpture gallery.
The Medieval Ponte Vecchio with the Goldsmith shops was rebuilt in 1345... always hosted shops & merchants...in 1500's an order was made for Goldsmith's only to operate which still stands to this day.
Along the Arno River to Ognissanti to trip over a group of Ferrari owners. Wandered another open air market, & a visit to the supermache & home by 3pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



20th October 2019

Firenze
It looked like everyone from Italy was out in Firenze on Saturday :) xx

Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb