Climb Every Mountain


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Trentino Alto Adige » Ortisei
September 22nd 2017
Published: September 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Or take the Cable Cars, Funiculars, Chair Lifts, and Travelators on offer at Ortisei instead.



The valley in which we are staying is called the Val Gardena. We have our maps, the sun is shining, the forecast temperature for today is 17 degrees, and we are ready to climb the mountains. Our accommodation has provided us with free bus tickets for the duration of our stay, to take us into the town of Ortisei, from where we will launch our assault on the Dolomite Mountains. In the pasture next to our accommodation are two Llamas, one white and one brown.



When we reached the town, we purchased a three day Gardena Pass, which provides unlimited access to Cable Cars, Funiculars and Chair Lifts in the Val Gardena region. First up we caught a Cable Car up to Alpe di Siusi. We then walked around the plateau at the top of the mountain, seeing horses and sulky, a deer, llamas, cows and donkeys along with many granite peaks. We gradually wound our way down, then caught a chair lift back up to Alpe di Siusi, in order to catch the Cable Car back down to Ortisei.



Next we caught the funicular up to Resciesa, walked around taking photos, then caught the funicular down. We then caught a two stage cable car up the 2,518 mtr high Seceda, from which the views were pretty amazing. After walking around in snow at the top of Seceda, we caught the cable cars down, and then the bus home to our apartment. I had taken snow jackets today for both of us, we wore thermals underneath, and we ended up walking around in t-shirts and our hiking pants. Still, not complaining about the warm weather we are experiencing in the Dolomites. Check today’s photos out. 20,000 steps and 62 flights of stairs today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb