Gradual walk to recovery


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Trentino Alto Adige » Ortisei
July 17th 2013
Published: July 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 9 Wednesday July 17.

So after our relax and rehab yesterday, off to the physio we headed.

It turns out he was very good and spoke passable English. He soon got Chris’confidence and was able to ascertain that there was no structural damage. After 45 mins of diagnosis massage and therapy he pushed Chris onto a bike for 10 mins to enable her to get some faith in the knee and reduce some of the fluid build-up. He recommended morning and night gym bike (our lodge has one) and a gentle walk tomorrow (today), but on good surface.

So there is a sealed rail trail that joins all of the towns in this valley so we headed off towards Ortisei – the largest of the towns. We had the fall back of being able to catch the bus home at almost any point so it was a reasonable risk to take. Just the 2 of us and a reasonably slow pace.

As it happened, we made it all of the way and even had a ramble around Ortisei to boot – 12 kms in all at an avge pace of 3.6 km/hr – before catching the bus back.

The rail line was built by Russian prisoners in WW1 and abandoned in the 60’s – unfortunately before the tourist boom happened here. It would be very useful today but in any event, is a handy rail trail – and well used.

Fantastic scenery along the way, and each of the towns we passed through a little different.

It was a great walk and the knee has improved to the extent that we are going to have a crack at the ‘easy’ walk with the group tomorrow.

Some pics of the walk attached.

Cheers

Ian and Chris


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



24th July 2013

On the road again!
The countryside looks great and a gentle walk sounds relaxing after the recent knee trauma. It seems the weather is great as well which means the countryside is at its best. I hope the beer and wine is up to standard. Enjoy today. Cheers Pete

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb