On the road (track) again


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Trentino Alto Adige » Corvara
July 18th 2013
Published: July 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 10 Thursday July 18.



With adequate improvement in Chris’ knee, we decided to join the ‘easier’ walking group again today.

Today we head off by chartered bus over into the next valley. We walked to the gondola which again took us to a high plane. Today’s walk sees us head off to a distant ‘Hutte’ along a fairly rambling and undulating track – but not too many difficult ups or downs before lunch. That all sounds too easy so Hughie decided to step in and throw rain at us for the first time on a walk. Chance to test all of our wet weather gear.

The surrounding thunderstorms were a little worrying as we were very exposed but they were safely distant.

Lots of different wild flowers here – including a couple of Lily varieties that were quite spectacular.

After lunch the rain was on and off a bit so there were a few clothing changes along the way. The trek after lunch took us down (substantially) to our start point at the bottom of the gondola. This really tested Chris’ knee and she was limping noticeably by the end. A large chardonnay while we waited for the other group to join us helped ease the pain. I settled for a lovely German beer.

It was a very tiring day but importantly, Chris got through OK.

After our usual 5 course dinner, we headed off to the town square where the town band delivered a gratis concert. We were tired so didn’t stay long, but they were quite good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb