Sicily Italy....


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Sicily
June 22nd 2017
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 6-22...

Breakfast.

Off ship with friends. Kelly and Jeremy. 20€ for taxi van to vineyard.

Hot. Hot. Hot. Traffic. Idiot drivers on motor bikes.

Heather in front seat of van...Asks driver "How often do motor bikes he hit?" Our driver looks at Heather and almost hits a motor bike. Lol...

MURGO Vineyard.....Very interesting process. Established late 1800's. Nice tour. Then the food and wine...

The food....3 different cheeses ? and 3 different meats. 2 different breads (soft/chewy & crunchy). 3 different spreads and an olive oil. 6 different anti pastas...baked cauliflower, 2 different mushrooms, potato salad, baked zucchini, & ratatouille. Then 2 DELICIOUS pastas.

Wine....Was suppose to be 5 tastings. But we got 6...2 bruts and 2 rose' and 2 reds. And we got 2 or more pours of each. Then we ordered 2 bottles for the table. Needless to say we got a little tipsy.

All that and taxi round trip was on 51€ each. Great experience at a great price.

Then the 6 of us bought a total of 18 bottles of wine. And every bottle made it to our rooms. The ship did not take the bottles until the end like most cruise line usually does. SCORE!! But the headache I have now...just shoot me.

Back on ship and Heather & Kelly & I went to nap. Suzy went to take pictures. Change of plans...Heather & Kelly & I went up and gotThank ice cream. Then a nap for Heather. Kelly called her hubby and kids. I went up to see the port of Sicily. Then Kelly and I enjoyed the sail away. Now nap time for us. Suzy is now in pool.

Formal Night tonight. Dinner at 6:30 was changed to the 7:00 show then dinner. Show was cute but bad dancing and too loud singing really screwed up my headache. Long wait for dinner. Lobster. Beef Wellington. Baked Alaska. Then crashed after dinner. Headache and exhausted.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.04s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb