Baroque towns, Agrigento's Valley of Temples and marvellous Scopello!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Sicily » Castellammare del Golfo
May 20th 2015
Published: May 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The SE of Sicily has several very beautiful Baroque towns including Ragusa, (my favourite) Modica and Noto. Their honey coloured grand buildings are set amongst sometimes crumbly old streets which are charming to wander. Each new street has many "must take" photo opportunities.



From there we headed west to Agrigento to The Valley of the Temples where a ridge with a number of BC Greek temples dominates the skyline. Almost unreal.



Our next and last Sicily stop has been in the wonderful Scopello. Not far from Palermo and Trapani, with a to-die-for setting; overlooking fabulous blue sea and craggy cliff tops. Today we walked in the Zingaro Nature Reserve: a 14 km round trip with perhaps the most beautiful sea water I have ever swum in! This quaint little town of Scopello is a must visit in Sicily. I hope the photos do it justice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



20th May 2015

Stunning cliff tops
Hilary you are making me very jealous, great pictures of a stunning coast line, x to roger from Jeanette, looking forward to the next instalment
20th May 2015
Zingaro Nature Reserve walkway

Sicily explored
yes Alex and I did Agirgento , Scopello and Zingara loved it. Did you not get to Erice the jewel in the crown????
21st May 2015
Zingaro Nature Reserve walkway

Erice
had lunch in Erice. Fabulous drive up there, sadly view was a little hazy that day but still an interesting little place. However, Scopello is my favourite! Just beautiful! Love to you all.
24th June 2015

Sicilia
Your photos always do the places you visit justice. So glad you enjoyed Sicilia.

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb