just a little bit of travel


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Piedmont » Turin
October 28th 2008
Published: November 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

so yesterday i did some serious traveling.. at 5.35am i caught a local bus in Ljubljana (Slovenia) to get to the main bus station where i waited in the dark and 5 degrees C for a coach that took me to Trieste on the Italian coast. i got there at 9am (after a bit of a struggle in Italian "yes i would like a window seat") bought a ticket and immediatly jumped straight on a train for Venice. i had 1/2hour there where i managed to push my way through the tourists and get my first Italian coffee in 3 years (which restored some much needed motivation) before jumping on a train for Milan. Milan Central station has to be seen to be believed, is was so much bigger that i remember,just awe inspiring. then after rushing around like a mad chicken trying to find where the hell i could buy tickets from (did i ever mention Italian public transport is completely illogical?) i jumped straight onto the next train heading for Torino, unfortunatly it was this ultra fast and ultra new train that also cost and an ultra lot of Euros. oh well.Once in torino i had to try and find, yet again, where to buy tickets, after failing miserably i went for a bit of a wonder in the city centre and stumbled upon the bus stop that would take me literally to the door of my host familys house. luck was on my side. so once i finally managed to catch the right bus, after asking 4 consectutive bus drivers if they stopped at Airasca with no sucsess,i had to battle with the fact that my pack took up the room of an entire extra person on the already full bus. i got a lot of dissaproving looks and nearly took out several people when i tried to get off but i didnt care because after 13 hours of traveling i was home. right at the bus stop where i used to catch my school bus every day, and just 50metres from my host familys house. they didnt know i had caught a bus or that i was early, so i surprised them..if feels so weird to be back..so little has changed..it almost feels as if the past 3 years never happened, like i accidenly slept in for too long and awoke to the same big beautiful old house and the same musty smell and same obsessive neatness that encapsulated my italian exsistance. how strange. i even saw two girls i went to school with on the bus, but they didnt recognise me, i mean that crazy Australian girl they knew 3 years ago was the last person they were expecting..
after tellling myself i had to return so many times, it feels now as though i was never away..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0759s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb