Lake Maggiore and Lake Garda Italy 30 Sept to 2 Oct 2013


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Piedmont » Arona
October 3rd 2013
Published: October 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Lake Maggiore and Lake Garda Italy 30 Sept to 2 Oct 2013

After leaving France behind on Monday 30 September, we hit the Italian mountains and went through numerous tunnels and varying lengths. We were now in the Italian Lakes District and heading for Lake Maggiore.

After finding our 1st selection of camp sites closed, Tom & Kerrie who were in the front of the camper, noticed flashing lights on another camp site so we drove in and the manager showed us a site right on the edge of the Lake. It was beautiful.

Immediately Gemma raced down to the water and found swans and ducks so out came the bread to feed them. She had a wonderful time. We had dinner in the Motor home this night.

Next morning (1 October – wow the time is going quickly!), after eggs on toast for breakfast, and a bit more feeding the ducks for Gemma, we headed off, via Milano, through Bergamo, bypassing Brescia and drove up the western side of Lake di Garda. Again the scenery was spectacular along the lake. Again there were many tunnels, many of which were half tunnels so we could see the lake.

We were going to drive up to Trento but because time was against us we made it to Limone (Camping Lago Garda) which was the northern point of Lake Garda.

After a play in the playground with Gemma, we all walked about 10 minutes down into the town by the lake and came across a strip of restaurants. We had another lovely meal. Gemma had a big chocolate milkshake and a main course and then ordered a big gelatti. She is going through a big growth spurt at the moment and is eating well. Fortunately for Kerrie, Tom & I, she didn’t want her gelatti so we ate it – beautiful!!!

It was late so Tom piggy-backed Gemma back to the motor home and we all piled into bed satisfied with the day’s events.

The next morning we drove onto Trento and got advice about the Dolomites and we found that driving to the best spots in the Dolomites was just not feasible time-wise so Kerrie made the call not to go. Tom & I will drive through them on the way back through Germany.

We drove onto Venice along the bottom side of the Dolomites. We were stunned at the sheer size of the mountains, the cragginess and steep slopes. It was a lovely way to end the day before arriving in the Venice region.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb