Marina del Cantone to Candela


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Molise » Campobasso
June 8th 2016
Published: June 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we sadly said farewell to the Amalfi Coast line and head North East though major hay and grain farm land. We keep seeing a sign on the road to watch out for cattle but have not seen a single farm animal, looks like they are all closed to produce hay. The fields are very dry which gives a yellow colour to the landscape. We came across an Ikea shop in the middle of nowhere (just to the side of the national highway in a small town) just so out of place. Candela is a wonderful old town up on the top of a hill with wonder views over the country side. We found a wonderful B&B – A Casa Nostra (Our House) got lost getting to the property ended up a very narrow dead end road where a lovely local took pity on us and guided us to the B&B. We had a great evening walk to dinner and I think we were the entertainment for the locals. Greg has realised that he has been paying too much for Coffee only 80c for an espresso here. Tonight we had dinner at a small Ristorante and we managed to order the whole meal in Italian and the pizzas where wonderful and whole meal with wine was 17Euro (I am a cheap date).


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb