Milan


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy
October 9th 2012
Published: October 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Milan 8, 9 October

Made it to Milan today, I slept most of the way as I had a migraine, bloody thing! We arrived in plenty of time thanks to Jane's navigation and Ken's new GPS. It was Jane's birthday so we had a special dinner.
Well today is 10th October, just as it is only 12.07am and we are just a little bit pissed. Jane and I had a great day shopping, she found some clothes on a very special price or two and then fund the boots she had been wanting to buy and I found some shops with clothes for me and had an accidental purchase of a pair of sandals. To celebrate we found a restaurant and contacted ken to join us for dinner. It took him so long to get to us that we had most if a bottle of Prosecco while waiting. When he arrived the waiter suggested that we needed another bottle so we must nodded like good clients and drank up! Great meal, we were at il Kaimano in Via Fiora Chiari. They had a selection of freshly harvested mushrooms which Jane and I had in various guises and Ken had Osso Bucco with risotto alla Milanese. To finish our kind waiter gave us each a shot lumencello, a change from Croatia where they give you grappa but much the same effect! Full as googs we headed for home. Ken had also done some shopping and traded in his camera for an updated model. He was fairly happy and I must say that the picture quality is very good. The camera is a Sony alpha 65 and he also purchased a low light, close up, wide angled lens. Our zoom lens also fits the new camera body so that is a bonus. Now, before joining us ken had been at the bar opposite our apartment and mentioned that we may go back after dinner, which we did. The bar is owned and run by three young guys 25-30 yrs of age and boy are they having a party! We did buy some drinks but they also gave a number of freebies - Campari and gin shots, a mahito and a top up of white sambucca. The original sambucca "shot" was about 100–150 ml so yes we are a bit tiddly at the moment and hoping tomorrow will be better that it is feeling right now!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb