A last blast


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy
February 23rd 2018
Published: February 23rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Our eager opening of the blinds this morning was met with cloud. Very low cloud which even prevented us seeing the nearby beginners runs. However, we decided that it was lighter than last time we had cloud so we set off up the mountain. After a couple of hundred metres we exited the immediate cloud to see the scenery opening up. However there was another layer of cloud above the height of the mountains.

Our first run was on a favourite black run from the top of the central four man chair. We picked this one as the ski school were putting slalom markers on the hill but not closed it off yet. We enjoyed getting our ski legs working but the next time we went up the chairlift the run had been closed. We took the red run back to mid-mountain and JJ and I took the off-piste route. This red run was then repeated and we followed this by setting off for the blue and black run at the edge of the resort.

This was as the weather closed in so we took a drinks break as the snow came down before setting off into town down the red and black runs. These were so good, especially with the fresh snow, that we ended up doing this three times before taking the blue run at the top of the hill for a few runs in the sunshine. Then we worked our way back to the middle of the resort and up the pizzeria for lunch. As the pizzas are cooked to order you are given a number and you have to wait to be called for your lunch. We have now been to this restaurant four times, always arriving at a different time. We have been given number 49 every day!

After lunch we ran down to the bottom of the four-man chair to allow us to take the black run we started on in the morning. Then it was up to the very top of the hill on the button lift for a run from the very top to the very bottom of the resort as a final run, all in bright sunshine.

A day which started in cloud and went through snow finished in sunshine. A great end to the holiday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb