Milan


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
August 2nd 2006
Published: August 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Going into the city in Milan was a very errie experience, there was a huge train station with almost no one in it. i thought the previous night maybe it was just because it was so late, but it was the same for every trip any time. Maybe the locals just use cars now or the population concentration has changed but it was just wierd.

The city centre of Milan is like no other, very beautiful in its own way but i didnt really like it. its just stone, concrete and tinted glass, it felt like a ghost town to me but still with lots of people walking around, it felt dead. There are no street vendors, nowhere to sit and absolutely no greenery anywhere to be found and lots of graffiti.

You cant get out of site of a gelato store but everything is pretty pricey as expected but the gelato is fantastic. The Duomo is amazing, of all the chuches i have seen this one impressed me the most just because of all the sculpture, very cool. i did get chased down by some police women when i went in because they saw my water bladder tube coming out of my backpack and i guess thought it was a bomb or something. It is quite an experience to be yelled at and chased down by police in another language though. The only saving grace was that the police women were hot! 😊 There is a big police presence in the city though all the time and its about a 60/40 split male/female officers which surprised me.

Another cool place to check out is the Milan castle, the whole city was based around this castle like a giant citadel which can make navigation kind of tricky as everything goes around in circles. This backs onto a huge and beautiful park. i had lunch and chilled there for a while just to be near some trees! That night i went back and hung out with a very cool english couple, we had calzone and wine and talked shite, because i was staying out in the suburbs there wasnt really much to do.

I was only stopping in Milan on the way to Munich but one day in the city seemed enough, not many touristy things to do or see, i wouldnt go back.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 84; dbt: 0.0822s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb