Day One


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
June 13th 2006
Published: June 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Top of the Duomo - MilanTop of the Duomo - MilanTop of the Duomo - Milan

Only about 500 steps to get to the top but then it's all the gelato we want later.
We're here. We arrived in Milan yesterday morning (Allison's birthday, but age is now kept secret) and settled into our hotel in the city center. We left San Franciso at 7 AM on the 11th and got in around the same time on the 12th. We thought we might just crash but we got settled and walked down to the Plaza di Duomo. The whole facade was covered for restoration but the stairs we're open so we climbed to the top - which I didn't get to do the first time I visited. (We don't have pictures to show yet until we can get to a computer where we can load them - this one just allows internet access.) We had a perfect blue sky and could see the entire city in all directions.

Then we went inside and I totally forgot that Jennifer had never been in a Reaissance era cathedral and had no idea what to expect. She was most certainly awestruck. We just walked around slowly staring up at the vualted ceilings, stained glass and intricate designs.

After that we walked around the narrow streets around the Plaza, had some lunch and went back to our hotel. We had designs on heading back out to visit the Santa Marie de la Grazie where the Last Supper hangs but we crashed for 4 hours and didn't wake up until just a few minutes to spare before meeting our friends for dinner.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb