Milano Italia


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
October 29th 2009
Published: November 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We came back from Madrid on Tuesday so we still had a couple days of Fall break left. Me and my roommate decided to go to Milan for the day. We took the train and it took about 2 1/2 or 2 hours and 45 minutes to get there. Once we got there, we went to the Duomo in Milan. It was very pretty, I think it was better than the Duomo in Florence, but just the front of it. We didn't get to climb to the top. Instead, we spent a few hours trying to decide what we wanted to do. There are a lot of churches to see in Milan, but we didn't go to those. We went to where the shopping was, which was not that far from the Duomo. We saw the Prada flagship and walked around there. Milan is a very grey city so it didn't seem that exciting. Added to that, we didn't know what were doing before hand so it was frustrating so we just went into La Rinascente. We spent a few hours in there. It was 5 stories with a restaurant on top. There was a sushi place that had plates of food just on a constant rotation that you grab what you want off the conveyer belt. They had a cool little gift section with pasta gift sets and 300 euro 'Obama water." Then we went to a couple other shops, had coffee and just went home. It was cold and everything is so spread out in Milan that you need a plan before going there. It was an experience and as a fashion major, it was important for me to go there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb