Fashionable Milan


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
June 28th 2008
Published: June 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sat 14th June - Sunday 15th June

We arrived in Milan about 7pm. It was a nice trip from Geneva with the scenery been particularly spectacular. Despite our hotel (Hotel New York) been 200m from the Main Train Station it was still pretty hard to find, but we found it. Once settled in we had a look around and found that around the area it was a bit scungy, we also had our first meal of Pasta and Pizza something that would become a trend.

The next day we headed into town and went to the Duomo (Italian for Cathedral I guess.) It was spectacular although the square had a few too many hawkers for my liking. Upon entering we were quickly kicked out as we were wearing shorts. After this we headed to some shops, had some lunch and headed back to the Hotel to get changed.

The next stop was a Church where the last supper is painted. Unfortunately you had to pre-book to see it (two weeks in advance we were told) so we missed out. After this we headed back to the Duomo and suitably attired we explored the inside which was great. After a bit of shopping and people watching (the Italians are pretty stylish even the police looked stylish.)

That was pretty much it for Milan, we had another meal, got some sleep and the next day we checked out and headed to Verona.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Famous StatueFamous Statue
Famous Statue

Also proves we did get some rain


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb