I'm getting married in the morning....ding dong the bells are going to chime!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Lake Garda
October 5th 2011
Published: September 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post


Welcome back blog followers and greetings to all you new readers out there!

It’s been a while since our last blog when we were in Australia – we are now back in blustery old England and getting on with life as normal. Compared to Asia it is a bit dull to say the least and we are already planning our next escapade(s)! Our first journey will be taking us to the continent and on to Italian soil to sample the fine wine, delicious olives and to become Mr and Mrs after 7 years of being together.

As many of you may remember, Phil proposed to Victoria on a very hot and humid night back in Singapore last August and luckily she said yes. Since then it has all been a bit of a whirlwind in getting back and organising the finer details of the big day – how time flies when you are having fun.

Originally the plan was that we were going to be married in our local Church in Kent and have the reception in a nearby manor house. Oh how things change!

We were both getting very stressed with the ridiculous prices that people charge as soon as you mention the word ‘wedding’ (you can almost see the £ signs in their eyes) and traditions that are expected with an English wedding that we decided to jump ship and arrange a wedding abroad.

A few ideas were thrown about before we decided on getting married in Italy, we knew that not all of our family would be able to make it abroad for one reason or another but felt that this was the right decision for us.

Neither of us have ever visited Italy and thought that it would be the perfect opportunity to go, after doing a bit of research we decided on Lake Garda and Scaglieri Castle for the ceremony.

Organising the wedding ourselves seemed a huge task when we looked at all the legalities etc so we decided to hire a wedding planner at Lake Garda Weddings. So far so good, it is definitely a bit worrying relying on people you have never met to organise your wedding, so you never know, the castle could end up being a stable and the boat a wooden raft but we are always up for a bit of an adventure so we shall see.

In just over 24 hours we (along with Victoria’s mum and step dad, brother and sister in law) will be boarding a British Airways flight to Verona where our next big adventure begins.

Please keep checking on the blog, and if you would like to get emails sent to you each time we post you can do that somewhere on here too.....

Thank you all for your kind messages and presents and we look forward to showing you all the photos when we return.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 16; qc: 78; dbt: 0.1186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb