Lake Como – a peaceful day away from the city!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Como
May 10th 2010
Published: June 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

From Milan we did a day trip to Lake Como. First of all no, we didn’t see George Clooney at his holiday house. Apparently it’s on the market but maybe just slightly out of our price range! A house on the Lake would definitely be perfect for holidays! We took the ferry along the Lake and picked out a few lakeside mansions we wouldn’t mind staying in!

The train from Milan to Como took 1 hour. We had a quick look around Como which is at the end of the lake and then boarded the ferry. It was a cold and foggy day but the Lake was still stunning. It’s massive and bordered by beautiful mountains of which some were snow capped. There are lots of little villages bordering the lake and we’re sure they would be thriving in summer. We hopped off the ferry at a couple of stops and explored the villages of Varenna, Bellagio and Moltrasio. Varenna was easily our favourite. It was small and peaceful and had a lovely walk along the side of the lake. Bellagio is the most exclusive of the towns and we though and we must say it’s a little overated! Maybe our wallets just aren’t fat enough! Moltrasio was fairly nondescript in comparison but beside the lake was still lovely. It was a great day trip and we were glad to be there in when it was peaceful!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0691s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb