No Sign of George (Clooney)


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Cadenabbia
October 25th 2006
Published: November 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Along the Western shore of Lake Como sits the small village of Cadenabbia. The town of Como itself is actually quite large and ugly, but the lakeshore is dotted with tens of quaint little villages. We stayed at a wonderful bed and breakfast there called Alberghetto della Marianna. Our host is the owner and chef at the adjoining restaurant where he serves up local delicacies. We had fun chatting with him over breakfast. He laughed when we told him about our difficulties driving in Milan; he said "You should see Napoli, it's much worse!" He also explained the difference between the polizia and the Carabinieri in Italy: the former is municipal and is more prominent in larger cities, the latter is found in the smaller towns and is run by the military. Apparently the Carabinieri are the butt of quite a few "hick" type jokes.

We didn't have enough time to explore this beautiful area. The ~20 km drive from there over to Lugano, Switzerland the next morning was absolutely breathtaking...


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Lake ComoLake Como
Lake Como

From our guest house.
PorlezzaPorlezza
Porlezza

Cute town on the East side of lake Lugano.


Tot: 0.379s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 29; qc: 146; dbt: 0.1558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb