Bellagio - Our First Italian Town - Sensational!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Bellagio
September 29th 2014
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.9877, 9.26198

After a wonderful business class flight, via Dubai, we finally landed in Milan, Italy just after 2.00pm.

After collecting our luggage, we found our chauffeur driver waiting and set off for the hour long ride to Bellagio on Lake Como.

The drive from the airport to Como town was dull and uninteresting. From Como town however, it became spectacular. A single road runs along the lake with stunning scenery. So glad we were here late in the season, I dread to think how long the drive would have taken with traffic. The only road is a single lane each way, sometimes reducing to simply a single lane so one car needs to pull over. So glad I had a view to keep me occupied.

We finally arrived at our hotel in Bellagio - wow, what a cute town! After checking into our hotel, unfortunately we also realised that G had left his iphone in the car. After leaving numerous messages, we were unable to contact the driver as we realised that the phone was switched off!

Still, we had things to explore so left the phone problem for another day. As mentioned, the town was simply gorgeous and so was the view from the terrace of our room at the Hotel Metropole. We simply dumped our luggage and went out to explore in the hope of reducing our jet lag.

We have done a review of the Metropole which can be read here: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g187834-d314141-r241193993-Hotel_Metropole_Bellagio-Bellagio_Lake_Como_Lombardy.html



First we went to visit Jenene at Bellagio Water Taxis, on the pier right next to our hotel. We had a tour booked for the next day that we needed to pay for and confirm. Jenene was lovely and gave us some tips for phone recovery and also some restaurant suggestions. As we knew we would be tired however, we had already made a reservation at the hotel's restaurant for our first dinner.

Before that though we had a wander around town and walked to the tip of the point of land between thte two arms of Lake Como. Here we stopped for a glass of wine at La Punta to take in the magnificent views. We then walked back to the hotel, purchasing a bottle of wine along the way. We had another glass of wine sitting on our own terrace watching the most amazing sunset over Lake Como. The day was finished with a wonderful dinner in La Terrazza restaurant where we ate Sea Bass in Potato Crumb followed by Creme Brulee. We were given a marvellous table on a little outcrop of the restaurant overlooking the lake. Life doesn't get much better than that!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.074s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 11; ; mem: 1mb