Camogli, in Liguria, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria
July 28th 2007
Published: May 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Camogli is an extremely beautiful place. Perhaps 1 of the most beautiful that i've ever seen. in my opinion once you see a beach in italy, you fall in love w. the place and u never want to leave. that is, unless u detest beaches.





italy has a great variety of beaches through out the country; with different colors of rocky ones, different colors of the water, as well as the sand. Liguria is famous for its rocky beaches. Rocky beaches are rampant amongst the Mediterranean in general. I am not a big fan of rocky beaches. To walk, lie down, especially being thrown by the waves against the shore: is painful. when you get there you just somehow have to find a nice spot on a rock (or rocks) and hope u dont have red stone imprints in your back.





to go to the beach is a nice reward after a 2 or 3 hr journey by train from Milan. Milan that has no rivers, lakes, sea, or mountains. some italians say that liguria is the beach for the milanese. and italians are a beach-loving bunch, some flock to the beaches as early as april. if you go to the beach in italy; avoid it like hell in august. in august, ALL italians go on vacation and the beaches are PACKED. hotels, restaurants, etc., all their prices go up in august where everyone is flocking to during vacation time. august in general is a bad time to go to italy. b.c everyone has relocated to the beach or gone elsewhere on vacation; most of the cities are deserted leaving many shops & restaurants closed.





also for some reason we had to buy specific shoes to wear on the beach. needles to say after being thrown on the shore by the waves a couple of times the shoes had floated out to sea somewhere..





i didn't get a chance to go to nearby portofino, genova, cinque terre, in la spezia. i hope to go 1 day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



21st June 2009

Italy in August
my wife and i have vacation time in august, she is concerned that there will be no shopping, no wine tours in siena, etc. should we miss out on Italy because of Italians vacationing in August?
5th July 2009

it's hard to say b.c it depends on where u want to go. i.e. i hear that rome can be nice in august b.c it's usually swamped with tourists throughout the year, and august is considered a quiet time for romans. however if u go to beachside locations like naples, the beaches will be packed ear to ear; and prices on hotels, flights will go up. keep in mind that generally in august that the cities will be deserted and the beaches will be packed. also with this recession this year, things are hard to say, b.c i heard that there weren't as many tourists in tuscany this year as there used to be, so now might be a good time to find good deals. it really varies from location to location; perhaps your travel agent might know better.

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb