Portovenere ITALY


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Portovenere
September 17th 2016
Published: September 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

I finished working the Med Season and I looked at my location (Imperia Porto Maurizio) in the map of Italy to find an interesting place to go while I wait for my training classes to start. Cinque Terre was just 3 hours away by train. I headed straight there. On my way I was texting a friend of mine that was in France and she decided to meet me there and spend a few days exploring and doing gastronomy excursion accompanied by sightseeing and wine tasting. We rented a cute little apartment in La Spezia up in a hill by a church with amazing views of the city and the marina. The buses were limited but quickly we got used to go up and down the hundreds of steps that would take us straight down to ground level. The train was just 10 minutes from Cinque Terre.

We found that there was another way to get there and that was by boat much more interesting for us. For more information about the Ferry that goes to the marina please click here: http://cinqueterreandbeyond.com/la-spezia-public-transport/la-spezia-ferry-timetable/







We found the Ferry dock at the marina and the attendant told us that the seas were rough and no boats were going to Cinque Terre but we could go to Lerici or Porto Venere. We decided to spend the day in the second one.







We found it to be very peacefull and very enegetic. Walked up to churches and castles. There was a wedding reception in the castle so it was closed to the public. We visited the cementery and finished the day with lunch at one of the local restaurants.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Porto Venere -  Italy-22Porto Venere -  Italy-22
Porto Venere - Italy-22

our apartment was next to the church that you can see far in the distance up in the hill...


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb