Italy...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » La Spezia
November 14th 2008
Published: November 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

FlorenceFlorenceFlorence

The bridge
After leaving Rome i arrive a few hours later in Florence for 2 nights. Florence is a beautiful city.
There was no trying to look ancient or remain that way like Rome, it just was. I wish i had headed for Florence earlier instead of staying in Rome! But it is a romatic city and would be enjoyed more by two people.

I regret I only had 2 nights there.

So from Florence it was across to La Spezia which is 20 mins from Cinquee Terre. This part of the trip i was really looking forward to.

In the past three days i have hiked almost over mountains and along tracks barely wide enought to place two feet together with almost sheer drops to the ocean below on one side and cliffs rising on the other.
But the view! A little pitty about the weather, sods law again the sun is out for the first time in 3 days and i am about to leave!!! Arrrgh!!
But that did not detract from the awesome landscape or fantastic workout that the land provided. I would hate to be there in summer when the tourists are all climbing around the place. Fantastic time to come.
Photos below.

I acutely aware that i am running out of time at the moment.. damn, wish i could take more time off work! So the next phase of the trip will be in France. I arrive in Monaco later today for a few days back in civilization before heading to Nice for a few days. I'm still trying to work out where to go from there.

....




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb