Day 28


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
June 16th 2015
Published: June 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Another early start for our day trip to Cinque Terre.

Cinque Terre Region is on the rugged coast of Italy, about a two hour bus ride from Florence. It's meaning is five lands and is made up of five small townships built into the rocky coast where the land meets the sea.

The townships are small fishing/farming villages and these days tourism.

The fisherman have very steep boat ramps and we are not sure how they launch?

The terraces for planting season, surround each town and go up the steep terrain for kms.

They are busy places and once you get there a train or a boat is the way to get from village to village.

We had a boat booked, but there were not running due to the swell, so the trains were packed.

Enjoyed the day and walked around each village, climbing to the top of a couple of vantage points was hard work.

As they are fishing villages we had a nice lunch on the main beach over looking the different umbrellas and chairs which make a colorfull sight.

The beach is black pebbles, stones and fine sand.

For lunch we made sure we tried the Anchovies a famous local dish.

Second course was a seafood pasta again.

The bus trip home went past the marble mountains, where most of the world sources it white Italian marble from.

Another long 12 hour day, so now we have two days to hang around Florence and rest a bit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb