Day 27


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
June 14th 2015
Published: June 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Another great day planned as we have booked a self drive tour in a vintage fiat car.

Arriving at the meeting point and our guide is showing people how to ride the Vespar motor scooters, as we are the only ones of the group to book a car.

It doesn't take long for us to see the people who booked the Vespars thinking it is easy, but soon realize the traffic and the bumpy cobblestone laneways are tougher than they look.

The instructor suggests that a few of them take cars as he is not comfortable with their skill level.

Most take heed, so we end up with three cars and three Vespars.

We head off and the Vespars are behind the tour leader, with the cars following.

At the very first intersection and in heavy traffic the tour leader sets off and is gone in a flash.

Panic sets in for the followers and the two fat lezzo's (from America) on the Vespar in front end up crashing across the road, up the gutter and they are down.

The leader has no idea and keeps going and the lezzo's, with a scrapped knee and damaged pride, head back one block to the meeting point.

First stop and we tell the leader who has no idea, so he rings and finds they are ok.

We then drove for about four hours through the hills of Tuscany, stopping a few times for lookouts and photo opportunities, also into some vineyards and olive groves.

It was a memorable experience as the roads are challenging and at times only room for one car.

We also had lunch which was a "taste of Italy" with meats, cheese and grilled vegetables all washed down with some local chianti.

Out from lunch, it was time to head home and back to the city streets with rain falling.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



15th June 2015

The cars are so cool looked like a great tour
15th June 2015

We have an american lezzo down american lezzo down. Bahahahahaha

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb